Holistic Counselling, as a ‘wholistic’ therapy (‘holos’ in Greek meaning ‘whole’), is based on the philosophy that any dis-ease of the body, mind or spirit is part of the interconnected or greater whole of a person. Rather than focusing merely on the symptoms, a holistic counsellor will work with you in a gentle and compassionate way to explore and uncover the underlying cause(s) of illness to help you achieve wellness. The aim is to facilitate self healing.
To assist you in finding peace, wellbeing and balance in your mind, heart and soul, attaining happiness and fulfilment in all areas of your life, therapies incorporated in a session may include:
- Traditional counselling techniques along with esoteric and alternative health practices; combining alternative and mainstream wellbeing techniques
- Astrology as a tool for further self-awareness – your natal horoscope can reveal areas of potential, strengths and challenges in all areas of life based on the time, date and place of your birth. Please see the following link for more information: https://astrologyworks.com.au/what-is-astrology/
- Australian Bush Flower Essences – Flower essence remedies are an ancient healing tradition used widely by different cultures, including the Australian Aborigines. The Australian Bush Flower Essences were derived by 5th generation herbalist and naturopath Ian White. Diseases, negative emotions and thoughts are treated by tailoring a remedy matching the client’s present state of mind (which eventually causes “dis-ease” in the body). The essences work on a vibrational level, allowing our life force to flow more freely as balance is restored to our bodies.
- Mindfulness – this is a meditative process that allows you to bring your attention into the present moment, to focus on bodily awareness through mentally scanning parts of the body, and to observe your own thoughts. The practice of mindfulness creates a habit of consciously paying attention to what is going on both within and around you.
How Holistic Counselling may assist you:
Holistic Counselling may help you –
- Uncover emotional patterns
- Heal from a painful past
- Heal from addictions
- Improve self esteem, self awareness and self care
- Clarify your life direction and goals
- Live a happy and meaningful life
- Reduce anxiety and depression
- Develop skills to cope with grief and trauma, including grief, separation/divorce and abuse
- Achieve improved general health and wellbeing
- Enhance spirituality
Assisting people who have been affected by narcissists is a particular passion of mine.
Please note, Holistic Counselling sessions can only be conducted in person.
I am at the Inner Health Centre at Organic Feast East Maitland NSW 2320 Australia each Saturday 9am-2pm. Other times by arrangement. Call +61404 464 740 to book or https://astrologyworks.com.au/contact/